Most Customer Service Training is a Waste of Time and Money!
Tony Dovale Founder of teambuilding1.co.za
With research revealing that less than 10-12% of normal training being applied back in the workplace… That means you are wasting 90% of your customer service training investment.
We have a better solution to the usual Customer Service Improvement process on a company wide basis.
3 areas must be Shifted and a strong foundation laid for a sustainable and successful ServiceShift to occur.
- Leadership must champion the shift, drive and enable ServiceShift and HappinessShift on all levels
- Begin to create a CUTOMER SERVICE CULTURE that transforms your clients' experience.
- Use Safe, Positive Framework: Appreciative Inquiry & ADKAR
- Leverage the power of Tribal Leadership Consciousness & Impacts
Tribes’ and teams’ focus and ServiceShift adoption
- ADKAR change process to create the Big “WHY”
- Energised, Aligned and Amplified
- The process must be adopted and embraced at all levels
The Cultural “PH” must be right to accept and hold the desired ServiceShift actions
Individuals need multiple levels of support for ServiceShift to occur successfully
- ADKAR change process to create their own “WHY”
- Inclusion, Involvement, Contribution, Autonomy
- Attitudes, Mindset, Values, Meaning, Mastery
- Energy, Happiness @Work and Resilience, belief – Psychological Capital
- What and How content training, coaching and Mastery resources
Old Habits Die Hard.
Any company that just goes ahead with “Customer service training” is doomed to a limited result that is not sustainable, and deeply embedded into the culture at a core level. New staff will quickly fall into the Low/NO service mindset – re creating the old service problems once again…Extensive "Training only" experience reveals that customer service systems will revert back to their old habits within weeks. This is why a new more effective approach is required to create sustainable results.
Low service starts with Individual Psychological Capital Levels…Perceptions, Hopes, Possibilities, and FEELINGS which direct behavior.. People know what to do but they don’t FEEL LIKE DOING IT! Then it goes to Tribal Behaviors and attitudes –“ Well they aren’t doing it… so why should I/we?, ”Then it goes to companywide CULTURE…”OK so that’s the way things operate around here.. “
Sustainable change is spelt Mastery…Autonomy…Involvement … and… Meaning
By using an inclusive, enabling, safe and positive process which includes the following approaches
- Appreciative Inquiry
- ADKAR for Positive Change
- Science of Happiness at Work TM
- Tribal Leadership
- Blue Ocean Strategies
- Personal Mastery
- Coach Approach
- Customer-Critical Path Process
- Service Value Re-engineering
…a strong foundation can be laid to begin the journey of transforming the existing customer service culture into a strong SERVICE CENTRIC CULTURE and environment that delivers as designed in a sustainable and valuable manner.
As Peter Drucker says… Culture Eats Strategy every time.
Areas included in basic Customer Centric Approach principles to be included are:
- Concept: External and internal customer
- Concept: Personality Style Handling
- Concept: Communications & communication
- Concept: Service Touch Points
- Strategic: Competitive Advantages
- Strategic: Value Delivery & development
- Strategic : Customer Expectations
- Strategic : Customer Loyalty Chain & Engagement
- Skills: Relationships & Listening Skills
- Skills: Business Language & Etiquette
- Skills: Thinking Skills
- Skills: Feedback Resilience & Conflict Resolution
- Skills: Cultural Awareness
- Skills: Courage, Self Confidence
- Skills: Service and Retention
- Skills: Stress Management & Adversity Intelligence
- Behaviors : Everyone a Leader
- Behaviors , Everyone A Coach
- Behaviors: Sustained implementation
- Resources: Mindset, Meaning, Happiness, Engagement, Pride, Recognition
- Resources: Psychological Capital
You might be able to “steal” a competitors’ client for a transaction, But How do you “steal” them FOREVER?
Outputs: Stop-Start-Continues and agreed action plans and accountabilities with measurements and targets… plus a REAL shift in personal attitudes, relationships, energy and accountability.
Customer centricity/Advocacy goes beyond customer service… It’s about being willing to be measured on the basis of your customers’ successes and making that the basis of partnership, profitability and growth. You can achieve a more effective customer service culture improvement process with Appreciative Inquiry, Personal Mastery and Tribal Leadership Coaching that impacts your staff on every level, as well as impacting your organisation on every level.
Perceptions must be shifted… Values and Behaviors must change through highly interactive action learnings. Delegates must be intimately involved through a combination of group Ai discussions, group research, videos, role-play exercises, Experiential engagement, case studies and breakout sessions based upon Blue Ocean Innovation, Appreciative Inquiry Customer research and sufficiently developed psychological assets.
“You cannot “train or coach” a leopard to change their spots! It takes a little more execution to achieve.
360 degree individual and Team Assessments and performance profiles for ongoing feedback and feed-forward
Through the use of 360 degrees assessments, and the Happiness at Work approach, and Workplace assessment profiles and feedback assessments we are able to measure, monitor and manage your new Customer Centric Culture from multiple dimensions.
Tony Dovale is a Liscenced Practitioner & Facilitator for the Science Happiness at workTM ©-iOpener Institute UK and the Author and Developer of The Rethink Yopur Success Mindset – Success Ensurance System
Get The Action Advantage today grow yourself, your team and your business – Contact Tony Dovale on 083-447-6300