Business Executive Coaching
With Executive coaching, it is a well know fact that anyone wishing to enhance their performance, get better results, or up their “game” can achieve results faster with executive business coaches.
Our business coaches’ goal is to help business coaching clients achieve emotional and professional satisfaction by guiding and supporting them towards creating a healthy integration of lifestyle, values and career choices.
Executive coaching plans are custom-designed based on each client’s specific needs, circumstances and goals.
We work closely with the client to map out a personalized strategy for successful professional, and personal, development.
Our Business Coaches follow a philosophy founded on 3 core business coaching approaches:
- AI (Appreciative Enquiry) coaching
- AQ (Resilience)/ Energy coaching
- Ontological/ Behavioral Coaching Business
- REVOLUTIONARY WORKPLACE Limitless Leadership
Our business coaching approach is synthesized to incorporate the following simple steps:
- Awareness: Through information gathering, determine how performance links to current business goals, and identify areas of development as well as develop elevated levels of Self-Awareness, Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence.
We help our clients understand through business coaching the ways that the roles they have learned to play personally, and the ways they have learned to respond to challenges in their personal lives, may impact their responses under pressure on the job.
2. Analysis: Through assessment, analysis and feedback we determine what’s best to do to close the gaps in capability, capacity and commitment.
3. Explore: Discover and explore most feasible, and effective solutions to challenges, and ways of Being, that provide least effort, maximum leverage and desired results, with sustainability.
4. Emotional ownership: Whilst clear strategic thinking is a fundamental requirement, we’re also aware that many people shut down their abilities to think clearly and make decisions under pressure. Our AQ coaching development process assists clients with learning to uncover the ways that their habituated reactions to stress can work for them and against them.
5. Action: The action phase provides the bridge between the person’s inner process and outer accomplishment that’s necessary to assist clients in achieving their identified goals. We plan and implement well-defined action steps informed by regular feedback and monitoring of progress as the coachee moves toward identified and measurable outcomes.
6. Accountability: We work with the client to define the most effective tools and processes for achieving results. We also may ask for follow-up emails with action items after each session. We act as a cheerleader and acknowledge progress as well as holding the client fully accountable for delivering upon agreed items.
7. Achievement: LMI’s approach assists clients with the understanding that it’s the conversations they have with themselves that can impact everything from the confidence they project to the creativity they are able to muster when dealing with day to day challenges.
An ongoing evaluation of the business coaching process, and coaching impact, provides regular measures of business results and professional outcomes for the coachee and all stakeholders.
Celebrating of each step of success along the way supports further commitment to the business coaching development process.
At Life Masters business coaching we believe that each individual is naturally creative, resourceful and whole. Nothing is broken or needs fixing. We believe that the client is ultimately in charge of guiding the business coaching relationship. As a coach we accelerate the process.
We can provide suggestions, and options through business coaching, as to what might work best, and where to begin, and challenge client’s possible choices, but the client must be willing to take charge, to make decisions and choices, and ask for what they want.
We believe that the client has the potential, capacity, ability, passion and drive to succeed in anything they choose to be, do and have in their life.
Therefore our primary role is to provide the unbiased, confidential sounding-board, and probing questions, that will assist them in unlocking their own wisdom, enable them to discover their strengths, and to collaborate to create strategies for action that will fit best with who they are and what they intend to achieve.
As the Executive coach, we never take over responsibility by acting as an expert authority, or by telling the client what they should or should not do.
We make every effort in our executive business coaching to support the client in intelligently considering the implications of their possible actions and decisions, so that success may generate continued vitality, prosperity and desired results, not only for themselves, but for others as well.
Our intention is to accelerate a client’s growth and achievement of sustainable results within a context of realistic viable work / life balance.
All interactions and communication are strictly private and confidential.
Our Business Coaching Methodology
Initial meetings with the sponsor and coaching client are face to face.
The sponsor meeting is to gain insight, understanding and match overall expectations of the intervention. A meeting may be held with direct reports to discover and explore avenues of possibility and existing challenges.
The initial Coach and Coachee meeting is held face-to-face to ensure a complementary and harmonizing relationship fit.
Thereafter we agree on a balance of either, telephonic, and/or face to face encounters. These are in accordance with each coachees’ specific work needs and time constraints. This may be a blend of weekly, bi-monthly, multiple sessions per week etc. We are flexible and collaborate very closely with each coachee to achieve their’ desired outcomes.
In between sessions we are on hand for brief tele-coaching, email interactions, homework feedback, “scores” and break-through.
The Outcomes of our Business Coaching
The core intended outcomes are matched from the initial discussions with the sponsor and the coachee. Although this is the core focus of our business coaching, we find that often there are other results that add to the value of the entire business coaching process.
Usual outcomes, over and above initial goals, include improved self-awareness, enhanced resilience and self–confidence, clearer goals and action plans and a more motivated/inspired coachee.
As problems, possibilities and solutions exist in the eye of the beholder, through the ontological business coaching aspect the coachee will have greater awareness and understanding of the 3 main areas of ontological business coaching, being those of language, emotions, and body, and an understanding of how these impact perspectives, possibilities and their behaviours.
In order to systematically close the gap between expected/required and current performance, our business coaching processing is aligned with the ISPI (International Society for Performance Improvement) model. (See xxx)
The Business Coaching Duration
Typical business coaching interventions are initiated for a 90-120 day period with 60-90 day extensions thereafter. The final duration depends upon the outcomes targeted and actually achieved.
Some interventions may continue over many months to years based upon the clients’ specific needs and value received. To do any meaningful change – it really does take a little longer than 90 days.
LMI’s Six-Phase Business Coaching Model
Phase 1: Introduction (First Meeting)
- Meet for Initial “matching encounter”.
- Share backgrounds on each other.
- Discuss challenges and needs – ensure client is supported and stable.
- Talk about the focus/topics for the coaching sessions.
- Determine if there is a fit and decide to move forward or not.
- See if existing 360 or alternative assessments info already exists.
Phase 2: Determine Business Coaching Focus (Second/First Meeting)
- Discuss the information gathered from assessments (360’s etc) and conversations with others.
- Determine need for gathering additional information and feedback to assist the coach and coachee in their focus.
- Mutually agree to the focus and topics to be discussed in future coaching conversations.
- Discuss frequency and length of meetings, confidentiality and need for additional information to assist in the development of a coaching focus.
- Schedule next meeting.
- Interact with all key stakeholders to get buy-in and support
Phase 3: Begin Assessment for business coaching (Second Session)
- Review feedback from previous assessments.
- Review feedback from other sources (interviews, clients, etc.)
- Identify trends, patterns, strengths and engagement areas.
- Prioritize the topics to be worked on.
- Develop the coaching plan based on feedback, assessments and discussions
Phase 4 Action (Second/third Session)
- Conduct a gap analysis to identify obstacles and barriers to coaching.
- Identify appropriate coaching strategy.
- Implement strategy for coaching sessions.
- Assess Progress and next outcomes for coaching targets
- Agree on accountabilities and performance/behavioral shifts.
Phase 5: business Coaching (Ongoing Coaching Sessions)
- Assess previous time-period results and agreed activities and outcomes
- Collect feedback on how the sessions are going for the coachee and coach.
- Coach to next identified outcomes and challenges
- Assess business coaching process and progress
- Agree on next accountabilities and performance/behavioral shifts.
- Management Feedback on coaching
- Agree next coaching session
Phase 6 Evaluation and Follow-up (Final Sessions)
- Collect feedback on how the coaching sessions went for the coachee, the coach and stakeholders.
- Review and match results to initial objectives
- Exit Management feedback on coaching results/effectiveness
- Decide on next business coaching steps.
‘If you are ready to get your own executive business coach give Tony Dovale a call on 083-447-6300
“Business coaching for those who are ready to open their minds and listen to the word of the wise and to themselves”
Contact us for effective Gauteng business coaching and strategic team building consulting