The Science of Happiness at WorkTM Benefits
The iOpener Institute Uk’s definition of Happiness at work is a mindset which allows you to OPTIMISE performance and achieve your potential.
You do this by actively managing the high and lows you experience at work, whether working alone or with others.
Benefits to Employees
Happiness at Work helps employees in the short-term and the long-term. In the short-term, happiness at work leads to:
- Better attention and focus.
- Greater creativity.
- Greater persistence.
- Better performance.
- Better supervisory evaluations.
In the long-term, happiness at work leads to:
- Faster promotions and raises.
- Long-term career success.
- Improved mental and physical well-being.
Research has shown that happiness at work actually predicts career success. Employees are not only happy because they succeed; they succeed because they are happy. This is one of the most important findings in The Science of Happiness at Work TM.
Benefits of workplace happiness to Employers
The The Science of Happiness at WorkTM boosts performance, saving time and money. Because we work with metrics and outcomes that matter to individual organizations, we can see that this exciting new approach:
- Supports delivery of key strategic initiatives
- Helps organizations get the best out of their best people
- Reduces both actual and mental absenteeism
- Ensures motivation when the pressure is on
- Means that employees are creative and innovative
We tailor what we do so that we work with data that you already collect, for example the cost of sales, customer complaints, errors, time to market, product delivery, or key milestones. You need to know that any solution you invest in needs to show a return. And we’re keen to show that too.