Difficult Boss is Cited As primary cause of staff departure
Recent research shows that more than 50% of all employees shared that the #1 cause of their wanting to leave/leaving… was a disagreeable boss.
The Human Edge, J Ownes says that research conducted by VitalSmarts reveals that long hours, low pay and bad assignments are all beaten by a “difficult boss” when it comes to discovering the main culprit of talent loss.
Daniel Yankelovich, a public opinion analyst and social scientist’ research revealed that
- 44% of workers say they only put in the effort required not to be fired.
- 23% report working at their full potential
- 75% report they could be significantly more effective.
“These statistics are frightening considering we are living and working in the ‘Knowledge Era’, where enormous amounts of discretionary effort are at the employees’ disposal. It is the employers’ responsibility to tensure the leadership and management styles BUILD a COHESIVE CULTURE and an ENVIRONMENT that draws out the best in everyone. This is why Science of Happinessd at work is so important and wht TRIBAL leadership understanding is so vital.
Are Staff staying MUM?
Imagine if you were to discover that 2 oout of 3 of your staff were activly considering leaving your orgnaisation due to bad leadership or ineffective management?
#1 Your organisational Culture
#2 Staff stay MUM because its “Safer”
VitalSmarts research reveals that 66% of staff will resiign without raising their issues. Fewer than 20% will have the courage/timerity to raise thier concerns with higher authority.
The research identified the following issues with managers
How to Increase Employee Engagement and Productivity
We know gron Science of Happiness Reseasrch by iOpener Institute UK UK, that Happy staff deliver more. The challenge is what kinf of culture would support greater happiness at work?
VitalSmarts research reveals that employee engagement, turnover, productivity – among a host of other measures of effectiveness – are profoundly related to how well people converse on politically and emotionally risky topics.”
“By equipping managers and leader with an understanding of Tribal Leadership and Appreciative INquiry based skills, approaches and attitudes, employees can then have crucial conversations that will begin to raise the vibrational energy of the tribe and individual mindsets.
Life Masters’ Tribal Leadership coaching and Tribe/Team Building events with Appreciative Inquiry andh The Science of Happiness at WorkTM systems empowers organisations, managers and employees to have powerful and profound interactions and conversations that will enable the CULTURE to shift and create the opportunity for management to change to a more effective style that builds staff engagement and productivity.
Tribal Leadership Tips for a Energising your TRIBES
- Be more approachable – no one likes confrontation or carrer limiting “heavy conversations”. Water flows where easy goes.
- Make it safer – realise that its a big challenge for the average person to share issues upwards in the organisation. Its the Managers / Leaders responsibility to create a culture of safety, openess and approachability. Your staff will communicate and share more if they know you actually do care about them, their interests and truth, trust and respect prevails as part of the core TRIBAL CULTURE.
- Be Resiliennt for the truth – We all are impacted in some way by “negative feedback”. We naturally become defensive and have some feeling of Loss or hurt. Be the bigger Tribal LEader that seeks honesy and truth in order to build a better team/tribe/ relationships, culture and workplace.
- Use Appreciative Inquiry based Team buillding and tribal activities to create a safe and open workplace culture, and to get a clearer picture of what the group’s ideals are. By making it safe for staff to share thier ideals, hopes, challenges and dreams – you will get to understand their point of view.
- Understand to be understood – Once tstaff feel understood, thay will then be ready to get to understand you more.
By educating staff on the power of a resilient mindset, the effectivnes of the The Science of Happiness at WorkTM (iOpener Institute UK uk), leveraging the power of Tribal Leadership Principles and creating a safe, inclusinve and high performing culture wuth Appreciative inquiry.. you can transform your organisation, happiness at work plevels, performance and productivity.
For Keynote talks, REAL team building, tribe building, Happiness at work and Appreciative Inquiry based culture Shift – contact Tony Dovale on 083-447-6300